The WDG Reference section
The WDG's reference section offers background information and technical specifications on HTML authoring. Its main purpose is not to provide browser-specific "hacks", or workarounds for browser bugs or limitations, but to give the correct way to do it. In cases where this may conflict with browsers, there will be a note explaining this.
Table of Contents
- HTML 4 Reference
- The HTML 4 Reference describes all HTML 4.01 elements and their attributes while including examples and notes on usage.
- Wilbur section
- The Wilbur section covers HTML 3.2. In this section you will find a list of all tags, including attributes, syntax, permitted contents and notes on usage. The HTML reference is also available in various help formats (Windows, Mac, OS/2) which can be used offline.
- Cascading Style Sheets
- Style sheets can be used to suggest a layout for HTML documents. The Cascading Style Sheets section offers an introduction, a tutorial and a comprehensive reference for CSS1. Also available is the CSS Guide in Chinese, CSS Guide in Japanese, and CSS Guide in Spanish.
- Character Set Overview
- The ISO 8859-1 character set overview lists all characters (together with entity names) in the widely used ISO Latin 1 character set.
- Other Links
- In the WDG's Links section, you will find pointers to HTML validators, which can help you catch syntax errors and ensure your documents conform to the standard.
- To explain the terms used in this reference, a technical glossary is available.
Copyright © 1996 - 2006. All rights reserved.